Tuesday, May 29, 2007

New Apartment

So moving day was a success! I hauled all my stuff over to the new place... Amazing that I have so much stuff seeing as how I left almost everything I own in my Mom's garage!! I got it all in one trip though so I guess it's not THAT much stuff!

I took Amy's vacuum and cleaning supplies and went to go clean up the room. I filled a HUGE trash bag with all the previous tenants clothes that he left and a small trash bag of debris. It only took me about an hour to get all of his stuff out and clean the bathroom. I moved all my stuff into the closet and bathroom and then hit the room with the vacuum cleaner. I called Mike and Tarin and headed to their place to load up my new bed.

We ended up strapping the bed to the roof of Amy's car and drove the half mile to my place. They helped me move it into the room and Mike even set up the bed frame for me! These are two of the nicest people you will ever meet I tell ya! They also gave me two lamps and a somewhat complete set of dishes! Amy needed to go to the other side to go to Lowe's and I took a ride with her. I got my own cleaning supplies and a few things that I needed for my room. Since I don't have a dresser I got a set of those plastic shelves from Lowe's and when we got back home I put all my clothes on the shelves. It only took me a little while to get all settled in. My mom is shipping some of my stuff over to me so in the next week I will actually feel like my new apartment is home. THANKS MOM!!! One of the crazy things that I have missed is my little teddy bear! How crazy is that?!?! I am 33 years old and I asked my mommy to send me my teddy bear! I must be crazy!

Amy had bought some nightstands from her friend and I decided they were pretty cool so I bought them from her. They are sitting in the back of her car right now because I couldn't manage to get them in the apartment by myself. Once I get those in I will have some place to put my new lamps and some other stuff. I just need to find a tv and a few small pieces of furniture and my new room will be complete. After I get that all settled I'm going to tackle the rest of the apartment!

I spent my first night in my new bed and my new place last night. I think in a few days I'm going to be really comfortable there! I slept relatively well considering it was a new bed in a new place. Once I get used to the noises I should be great. Living with a roommate might take a little bit longer to get used to. Actually I didn't see him at all yesterday so we'll see how it goes. John is a really nice guy, but in all fairness he IS a GUY! The kitchen is a disaster and there are bottles and cans everywhere! There is pretty much no food in the fridge and nothing is actually put away. I'm going to give him a little bit to get used to me and then I will have to put my foot down. I want a nice kitchen so I can cook and eat and enjoy my new little paradise!

Needless to say this is a very interesting time for me! I'm loving it though... it is totally different than anything I've ever experienced and I can't even begin to tell you how many times I catch myself smiling, or giggling, just totally happy that I'm here. After the year that I have just been through... that's saying a lot!!

Love you all and miss you tons!!!

No comments: