Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I have a job!

So yesterday was my first day of work. It was a great day!

I started off the day going on a tour of all the projects that we have going on. Then I just got passed around to different people so they could show me what they could. I got my desk and a computer. Then I went to a meeting that lasted a few hours to look at different community types from a tour that some of the people had gone on in the southeast US.

Everyone was SUPER nice and it seemed that everyone was really glad that I was there. I had at least two people tell me that they had seen my resume and they couldn't wait to work with me. I felt very encouraged and welcomed.

I am sure not used to being in an office anymore!! By about 3:30 I was ready to go home and realized I still had at least an hour and a half before I could leave. It's amazing how quickly I adapted to not working! It is going to take a few days for me to get used to being on a schedule again and having to stay in one place for 8 hours! But I'm not complaining... not by any stretch of the imagination.

I made money yesterday. What a great day!

No comments: