Monday, May 28, 2007

Moving Day!!

So the last few days I have spent trying to figure out my bed situation. I finally got the key to my apartment and realized that I couldn't really move in until I found a bed.

Well beds are pretty expensive and while I now have a good job. Wait... let me just savor that for a moment... I have a job! Ok... back to the story. I haven't gotten paid yet and won't until the 8th of June. So with limited money and beds being expensive I was looking to buying a used mattress. I know... I know... EWWWW... Who wants to sleep in someone else's mattress?? Well not me I can tell you that much. So my stress level was increasing by the day and the hour. I can move in but I need something to sleep on! My genius mom found an answer for me. Like she usually does!! She suggested that I go buy an Aerobed and sleep on that for a month or so until I can buy a bed. Then I can have the Aerobed and use it when people come to visit me! Brilliant! So off I go to the Other Side to buy a mattress.

For those of you who do not understand what that means, here is a little lesson in island life. The Lahaina side of Maui has no big stores. Longs and Safeway are probably the biggest names on this side of the island. If you want to do any serious shopping you have to drive all the way to Kahului which is about a 45 minute drive to the other side of the island. This is where you will find the big stores, Wal-Mart, K-Mart and Costco.

So off I go to buy an Aerobed. On the drive over I came to the realization that stressing so much over a silly place to sleep was ridiculous. I reminded myself that everything I wanted had come to me in crazy ways since I got to Maui and I just needed to let go of the stress. The bed I was supposed to have would come to me in the time it was supposed to. I know crazy thoughts for ME! Let go of stress? What's that? Stop obessesing about something? Is this really TINA??? Yes, folks, it is... I guess it's the new me!

Before I left I had heard rumor of a MALL somewhere on the island that was just past Kahului. I got directions in case I struck out at the big three stores and needed another option. Well I admit my curiousity and the possibility of Macy's was a bit too tempting. I decided to try the mall before heading to Wal-Mart. I found Macy's.... it's a little like heaven when you haven't seen a store in over a month! While I was there shopping for work clothes my phone rang. Tina this is Mike, you called me last night about a queen size bed? Are you still interested? YES!!! I am!!

So I drive back to the Lahaina side of Maui and meet up with Mike. After a few phone calls to get exactly where he is, all the Hawaiian names are VERY confusing still! I get out of the car and a few minutes later he and his girlfriend get out of their car. Wait a minute! Mike? Tarin? Oh my gosh it's one of Jaxson's teachers and her boyfriend! I have met them a few times and they are really nice! So needless to say I am buying their bed. They only bought it about a year ago and it's a really nice bed. Well mattress anyway that has a bed frame under it.

SO all that to say today is moving day! Not only do I get a mattress but Mike said he would help me move it!! I am on my way over to my apartment right now to clean it and move my stuff over!

YAY!!!

No comments: