Saturday, May 12, 2007

I found the place I want to live!!!

Oh my goodness!!! I fell in LOVE with this apartment!! Everyone keep your fingers crossed that I get it!!!

Ok so Amy and I dropped Jaxson off at school and then went over to the apartment. It is about 3 or 4 blocks away from Amy's house... easily walkable should I choose! It's on the second floor. John opened the door and invited us in. The entry way has TILE! CLEAN TILE!! The carpet is brand new!!! Ok wait I'm getting ahead of myself. So we walk in and the first thing you notice is the kitchen. GRANITE COUNTERS!!! STAINLESS STEEL APPLIANCES!!! And it is CUTE! SUPER CUTE!! Can you tell I'm excited??? So there is a bedroom opposite the kitchen and that is where John is. Next to his room is a bathroom that has a spot for... wait for it... wait for it... a WASHER AND DRYER!!!!! The landlord is supposed to be putting it in the next week or so! OH I WANT TO LIVE HERE!!!! Ok so on wall between the kitchen and the living area is a countertop bar area so we could get some barstools and have an instant eating area. The living room is typical apartment, smallish but manageable. There is a ceiling fan with a light in every room which is great because it does get hot and muggy here. Oh and the best part??? The very very best part?? The Master bedroom with attached bathroom is the room that is empty!!! I would have my own room and bathroom!!! OH MY GOODNESS I WANT TO LIVE HERE!!!!!!! John doesn't want to move into the master bedroom because he is already settled in.

Ok so here is how it could go wrong. Here is the story behind the vacancy. I need lots and lots of positive thoughts for me to get this place so if you have some spare good thoughts for me send them on in! A few prayers might help too!

Ok so here is the story... edited for content. There was this guy living there and he invited John to move in. The lease is in the guys name and John is basically subleasing the extra room. Well the guy got into some not good stuff while he was here and caused him to flee the island. Let's just say there was drinking and a girl and some not good stuff that happened and he quit his job and hopped a plane faster than he could literally pack his clothes. They are still sitting in the closet. So John has to talk to the landlord and see if we can get the lease changed into our names and all that good stuff. This place is CUTE and more importantly CLEAN! I want to live there. I really want to live there.


So after we looked at the apartment we went back to Jaxsons school and watched their May Day celebration. It was SUPER cute!! There were a lot of Hawaiian traditional songs and prayers and it just made me feel like I was in Hawaii!! Oh wait! I AM!!!

Well I guess that's it for now... It's really beautiful here and I'm so happy that I made this move. As soon as I start my job and get this apartment... then get my car here I'll really feel like I'm HERE!!

No comments: