Thursday, May 24, 2007

One Month Anniversary

Well yesterday was my one month anniversary on Maui. I can not believe how much my life has changed in the last month. Everything is going so well I can hardly believe it. What an exciting time in my life!

Work is going really well! They have decided that because of my experience and background they are going to have me doing different stuff than a traditional admin. I am basically going to be supporting all of the development people in specific tasks. This is really cool for me because it means that I will get to specialize in certain things and kind of be the "expert" in the department and then I get to work with everyone. I actually have a pretty complete job description and everyone in the department will be given a copy of it so everyone will know what I'm doing. I have been meeting with all the different people in the department and just listening to what projects they are working on and learning about Hawaiian culture. All in all this has been a great week and I actually look forward to going to work each day.

Yesterday I was taken on a tour of one of our new projects that has a 20 year buildout. It is literally on the mountain. So I got in the car and we basically went four-wheeling for 2 hours. It was AWESOME!!! We were driving on parts of the mountain that people hadn't been on in years. It was absolutely breathtaking up there and I got some really cool pictures which I will post later. I haven't gotten them off my camera yet :)

I'm moving into my new apartment this weekend and I am so excited about that too! The only downside is that apparently the friend of the old roommate came and took the bed and dresser so now I have to go buy new stuff. It's hard for me to go spend money on stuff that I know I have sitting at home in my Mom's garage. But it would cost more to ship that stuff out here than it would to just go buy new stuff so I guess it's off to go shopping for me!

I hope everyone has a great day today! I know I will!!!

No comments: