Friday, May 11, 2007

Oops it's been almost a week since my last post!

Well it's been a fun week if nothing else. Monday after I posted, Amy and I hung out while I called anyone I could think of so I could spread the word that I had actually gotten a job! Then I went to the lab to take my drug test. It was a very interesting procedure. If anyone is interested let me know and I'll tell you all about it :)

Tuesday Doug had some friends over for dinner so Amy and I pretty much hung out at the house all day and did stuff around here. Dinner was YUMMY!!!! Doug sure does know how to BBQ!!

Wednesday Amy and I went to go look at a room for rent for me. I was so excited. Not only had I found a job but I had a place to live... potentially! We stopped by the house and were met by Greg. He is one of the four roommates that lives at the house. He led us through the garage where they had coin operated laundry facility. Then up these kinda rickety stairs that lead to the main house. When we got to the top of the stairs the thing that was most noticable was the amount of crap around the porch. There was a refrigerator and a clothes rack just hanging out on the porch. Then we walked around to the Lanai (which really means deck or patio) and found even more junk there. A printer, some bar stools. Just weird stuff. Then Greg took us inside and showed me the room. This HUGE king sized bed was taking up almost the whole room. Oh and did I mention the dirt? The floor was gross. Not somewhere I could relax at all. Then he shows us the bathroom. Oh please don't make me retell that awful story. Let's just say there is no way I would shower there let alone share it with three other people! EWWWW!! Then he took us back through the house into the kitchen where for some reason he thought it extremely important to show us the freezer. "And here is the freezer" he says as he opens the freezer door. I looked at Amy and gave her a "what the hell?" look. She shook her head as if to say "I have no clue". It was interesting to say the least. Then he opened the fridge to show us the 7 mostly empty mayonaise jars. Amy pulled one out that expired in December of 06 and proceeded to throw it away for them.

All in all it was pretty disappointing. It was really in a great location but not somewhere I could live. So the search continues....

Wednesday night Dominick and I went out to Leilani's for dinner. That is where he works and we had an AWESOME dinner and watched the sunset. Man that sunset is gorgeous!!! I actually get to LIVE here and see that sunset whenever I want. I am feeling like one lucky girl let me tell you!!

So on Thursday Amy and I went and looked at a studio apartment for rent. It wasn't bad but it was SMALL!! It was $950 a month and smaller than my very first studio apartment. I filled out an application and tried not to get too discouraged about finding somewhere to live. While we were driving to another studio to look at Amy remembered that she has a friend who might need a roommate. One call to John and we have an appointment to go look at his place today. The GREAT thing is that it is a 2 bedroom 2 BATHROOM apartment. So I would have my own bedroom and my own bathroom!! Not only that but Amy knows John so I wouldn't be living with a complete stranger which is cool. It is also about 3 blocks away from Amy's house so I would be very near her and still close to work and my brother. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!! I hope this is the place for me to live!!


Today after our apartment appointment Amy, Dominick and I are going to Jaxsons school to his May Day celebration. It should be a fun day!

OHHHHH I just figured out how to put pictures in here!!! More later!!!


Here is a picture I took at dinner with my Brother.


No comments: