Monday, May 14, 2007

Waiting... waiting... waiting...

I hate waiting. It's the worst feeling. So I'm sitting around today waiting waiting waiting for my phone to ring...

So here's what's been going on in the last few days. Saturday Amy and I went to the beach with the kids. We stopped at Safeway and got some lunch and then just lounged around the beach. Well kinda... I ended up in the water with Jaxson. We had a lot of fun. He liked to climb up my back and then jump off my booty into the water. I also got to talk to Mom and Auntie Donna and Uncle Danny. They were all at Auntie Donna and Uncle Danny's new house in Idaho and just hangin out. It was great to hear from everyone.

Sunday I woke up bright and early and decided I needed to go on a walk. I got a bag packed and went to Kapalua to walk on the hills. Amy was working on the golf course Sunday so I called her to tell her I was there walking. After my awesome walk... It is so beautiful here I found myself SMILING as I was sweating my butt off. I mean if the views don't make you happy here you have something wrong with you. If I can be sweating and having my legs screaming at me and I am still smiling and my heart feels great? Hey I think this is a great thing.

So anyway I called Amy and she came and picked me up and I joined her on her route selling snacks from the snack cart. Unfortunately for Amy there were only about 4 people on the golf course. It was pretty deserted. But it gave us a lot of time to meet a few of her friends and chat with some nice people. While we were there a few of the golf pros and guys that worked in the cart shack asked if I was the sister that was moving in with John. I told them all that I sure hoped so!! I guess John had mentioned it to a few people and is trying to figure out if it is a good idea for him to let me live there. All of the feedback I heard was that everyone was trying to convince John to let me live there.... So as long as the landlord goes for it, I think it's looking good!!

Since the golf course was deserted, Amy decided to quit early and then we went and played a round of golf. For free. At the Kapalua Bay Course. How lucky am I??? Oh it was so beautiful!! Considering I haven't picked up a club in over a year I actually did pretty good. I wasn't really keeping score but I got a few bogeys and one par! It makes me want my clubs here sooner rather than later!! After we played our 10 holes of golf (we got tired and cut out early) we came home and showered and then went to a BBQ at a friends house.

We had a great dinner and even better company. The boys decided to get the poker chips out and we played a round of poker... well I am the newcomer and little did they expect that I actually knew how to play... I WON!! heheh I actually won $50!! Pretty cool!!

All in all it was a great weekend... Now if I could just get my stupid phone to ring!! I'm waiting for John to call me to tell me what is going on with the apartment... AND I'm waiting on HR at Kapalua to tell me when I can start work. Two very great and important things... and my stupid phone will NOT ring. *sigh*


Nope still hasn't rung!

No comments: