Sunday, May 6, 2007

Sunday Night

So it's Sunday night and I had a lot of stuff go on this weekend. Nothing too special to report but I'll give you the rundown anyway!

Friday we went to the other side of the island (Kahului) and did some shopping. Dominick needed stuff for his new place and we all went along to help and to shop. It's a little weird that you have to plan a trip to go shopping but there really isn't anything on this side of the island in the way of big shops. We went to Wal-Mart and then to Costco. There is supposedly a mall in Kahului but I haven't been there yet. It will be interesting to see it and compare it to malls back home. Friday night I drove Dom to work because he was running a little late since we got back from the other side a little later than we had planned. So I stayed up a little later than usual and went around 10:30 to pick him up from work. I waited for him at the bar and had a drink or two, my first since getting to the island. I had Lava Flows... YUM!!! I ran into a few guys who are here filming a reality TV show so I had some interesting conversations with them.

Saturday Amy and I took the kids to the park so she could sign Jaxson up for soccer! Then we watched one of Jaxsons friends play T-ball for a little while. Then we went to the Lahaina Cannery Mall which reminds me of how the Esplanade used to be way back when. It's pretty small and is pretty touristy but it was nice to walk around and be inside the air conditioning.

Today Doug, Keola (a friend of Dougs and Amys), Dominick and the kids and I went to a birthday party for one of Jaxsons friends. I had a fun time playing with Maddox in the sand and pushing Jaxson on the swing. It was a beautiful day and nice to be at the beach and watching all the kids have so much fun. Then we came home and hung out.

Nothing too exciting but a nice weekend all in all!

No comments: