Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Wednesday

Today was a great day. Actually it's still only 5 o'clock here so who knows what else might happen today. But I had a few minutes so I thought I would jot down some of the things I did today.

I went with Amy, Maddox and Jaxson to the Maui Ocean Center which is kind of like the Monterey Bay Aquarium but a little smaller. Jaxson had a field trip with his school and I got to tag along. It was fun being with all the kids although at one point during the day I realized just how much patience it takes being a mommy. I was a little overwhelmed but only because there were about 20 four to five year olds with the group. I spent a lot of time chasing Maddox around and pushing the stroller. A few times during our trip I kept catching sight of the ocean and it takes my breath away every time. It is just so beautiful!!

When we got home Jaxson and Amy took a nap and Maddox and I got to play together for a few hours. I tell you there is nothing better in this world than baby laughter!! This kid loves to laugh and he loves books!! I read about 5 books about a dozen times each and he never got tired of them at all! Good thing I have some patience because the itsy bitsy spider book 10 times in a row is enough to make anyone stir crazy!

I'm starting to feel a little anxious because even though I've only been here for a day, I would really like to get a job and start my own life here. I miss having a routine and things to do. I am very thankful that I have the time now to spend hanging out with my nephews but it would be kinda nice to know that I will have some money coming in soon.

I'm cooking dinner tonight and that makes me happy! Tomorrow I have no clue what is on the agenda... probably some job hunting!

No comments: