Tuesday, April 3, 2007

My First Post!

So here goes my very first blog entry...

March was a great and a horrible month all at the same time. Some of the great things that happened... I got to stay with Cody and Jesse and hang out with them while Don and Tammy went to New York. We had so much fun! Not only did I realize that I make a pretty cool Auntie, but I got to take them to Disneyland! It was also during March that I realized that I was really and truly going to move to Maui! I have been unemployed since September 1st and haven't found a job that would keep me in California. So since my unemployment ran out at the end of March I decided that I had to make a change. So with a gentle push from my Mom (ok... ok... honestly she bought me a one way ticket) I decided to pack up my cute little apartment and head to a new place. I am both excited and terrified at the same time.

March was also a horrible month because I lost my Grandpa and my Nana. After a long illness he is finally at rest. It seems like a bad dream because he has always been such an important person in my life and he isn't around anymore for me to talk to. I miss him. Nana fought cancer for a long time and it finally won. I feel so blessed that I got to spend some time with her and all her grandkids and great-grandkids before she died. I have been very lucky in that I haven't had to deal with the death of anyone close to me and then to have two grandparents die one day after the other, it has been extremely hard. Trying to come to terms with the fact that both of these beautiful people are gone has made it even more difficult for me to get my feet back underneath me and start packing.

But life has to go on and I intend to take all the great lessons I learned from both My Grandpa and Nana with me. I haven't actually started packing but I have started to go through my clothes and get rid of stuff that doesn't fit or that I haven't worn in a long time. The hardest part for me is to figure out what stuff to take with me; what stuff to have Mom ship to me later, and what stuff to leave behind.

I'm leaving on April 23rd to start my new chapter... so the next few weeks should be both boring and exciting... boring because packing is never fun but exciting becuase oh my gosh I'm moving to MAUI!!!!

Stay tuned for more :)

No comments: