Saturday, April 14, 2007

It's Saturday Night!!

Oh my goodness!! There has been so much going on this week I haven't blogged at all! Let's see if I can catch us up!

Tammy came up on Tuesday and put me straight to work!! She kept me on task and made sure I got stuff done done done! THANK YOU TAMMY!!! I would not have been ready if she hadn't come up to help!

Wednesday I woke up early and took my brother to the airport. Then Tammy and I attacked my apartment with a vengence! We got SO much done... Tammy packed my whole kitchen, which was so wonderful because that was the part of packing I was least looking forward to. We worked late into the night so that we could get as finished as possible so we could get a little play time in.

Thursday we woke up and decided to go run errands because we were both tired of packing. We got a lot of things taken care of that needed to be done before I could finish packing, and some things that I just really wanted to get done. A few more hours of packing and we took the rest of the afternoon off! We went to the mall and wandered around and then went to Ikea and wandered there. Thursday night we went to dinner with Ben and Leslie (Tammy's Brother and Sister-in-law). We had a really nice dinner and a great time visiting with Ben and Leslie.

Friday we woke up and finished clearing the debris that we had been creating with all our packing. We made one last trip to my Mom's house and then Tammy hit the road. She had put in many hours helping me out and I am so appreciative of her help and her friendship! I can't think of a better friend than one who willingly helps you move! THANK YOU TAMMY!!! I just can't say thank you enough. Friday night I finished going through paperwork and did little things around the apartment trying to get things ready for Saturday.

Saturday! I woke up at 7:15 and did two loads of laundry and then went through the apartment and put last minute stuff in boxes. My movers showed up at 8:45 and got started right away. My friend Ruth came over and brought me breakfast and then helped me with all those little things that you don't really want the movers to take care of. She must have made about a billion trips up and down the stairs taking all my precious treasures so I didn't have to worry about them. THANK YOU RUTH!!! It made it so much easier on me and I appreciate that I got a break walking up and down the stairs. She also kept me company and told me lots of fun stories so I could keep my spirits up and not feel sad about leaving my cute little apartment.

It's Saturday night and mom and I have cleaned up all the debris that I brought into her house! All my stuff fit into the garage and there is still enough room for you to squeeze through to find stuff. Now that I am settled in at my mom's house I am getting really really excited about moving to Maui. I am actually relieved to have a smaller pile of stuff to worry about in terms of my things. I think it will be great for me to get back to worrying about me and my life instead of my things.

Ok so I have one week left and I am officially moving to Maui. I am SO ready!!!!

No comments: