Monday, July 9, 2007

Great Weekend!!!!

I had a great weekend!!! Friday night I went out to dinner with my friend Julie. We went to Leilani's and sat at my brothers table. He's a waiter there! It was a great night, very relaxing and enjoyable!

Saturday morning I got up at 5:15 and got myself together for my very first hike! Yes, that's right folks... I went on a hike! ME!! Here is proof!!!

Kris took this picture for me so I would be able to prove that I actually went hiking. I can't even begin to describe how beautiful it is up in the West Maui mountains!! The hike was called the ditch hike and we went because the guy that runs Kapalua Water Company goes once a month so he can check his equipment and monitor the rain levels and flow rates of the streams and rivers that feed the irrigation waters for agriculture and Kapalua Resort. Maui is a truly beautiful place to be but walking up in the mountains where most people can't go really transports you into a nearly pristine environment. It's also called the ditch hike because we literally went walking through ditches that were made in the early 1900's. We had to wear hard hats because the ditch tunnels are not that tall and the rocks on the ceiling are not level. So we wore hard hats to protect our heads! Which was a good thing because I actually conked my head on a rock at least once and if I didn't have the hard hat on I would have been hurting!!! Here are some more pics from the hike...



I'll post more pictures on my flickr account if anyone is interested in seeing more!

Sunday I went and played golf! I really love playing golf and I forgot how much! I'm very excited that my golf clubs will be here on Thursday so I will be able to go practice!

All in all a great weekend!!!

No comments: