Thursday, June 7, 2007

Oops!! I haven't been updating!!

I have been kind of busy I guess. Well the main reason I've been so busy is because I am mobile!!! My saint of a mother got me a rental car until my car gets here! I can't tell you how awesome it is to be able to be independent again!! If I want to go to the grocery store, I just go! What a concept! So I have been running around town trying to figure it all out and getting stuff for my apartment.

I was on the other side last week for work so I took advantage of being there and went to a few stores to buy some stuff for my kitchen. I found enough stuff for bargain prices that I can now cook meals at home. I made my first dinner on Saturday night and it was so yummy! John (my roommate) took leftovers to work the next day and he declared that I can cook whenever I want if he can have the leftovers!

I am feeling very very lucky and blessed these days. I got my first paycheck in almost 9 months on Friday! I am really loving my job, which is so nice. I totally lucked out on the roommate. He's really cool and I am enjoying having someone around to chat with at the end of the day. I am just extremely grateful for all of the blessings I have in my life right now.

My mommy sent me some boxes from home so now I have my own sheets and towels. Oh and my teddy bear. That one brought a tear to my eye. I asked her to send it but I hadn't realized how much my little teddy bear means home to me :) It's nice to be settling in and starting my new life!

I'm missing my friends back home but have realized that phone calls and emails really are a wonderful thing! So if you feel like emailing me here is my email address. It's like getting a letter in the mailbox but a lot quicker!

mailto:grenouille459@hotmail.com

Love you all and miss you!!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

tina! i MISS you! i can't get used to the time change thing and you having a JOB thing so i keep wanting to call at the wrong times! call me! and keep posting...i check on you everyday!