Saturday, June 23, 2007

Life is good!

So I've realized it's a lot easier to update my blog when I'm not working. For some reason I just keep getting busy at work and then forgetting to update my blog when I get home. Oh well. Here is an update on what's been going on in the last two weeks.

First and most exciting. I got my CAR here!! My saint of a mommy braved the scary port of Richmond and delivered my car to Matson shippers. After 10 days it arrived safely on Maui and I picked it up. This is real folks, I live in Maui now! It hit me when I was driving my car back home after going to a few meetings on the other side of the island. It was both surreal and exciting. I feel a lot more permanent here now that I have MY wheels. For the last few weeks I was driving around in a rental car. Which was nice but it made me feel like I was visiting.

Another exciting thing is that my washer/dryer was delivered and hooked up! So now I have a washer and dryer IN my apartment! It's a stacker washer/dryer so it's not full size but I can't tell you how awesome it is to have it in the apartment and not having to worry about taking my clothes to a laundry mat. I also just got the dishwasher fixed, there was no water hooked up to it. So now my cute little apartment is complete. Well with the exception of any real furniture :)

I've been playing a lot of golf and am missing my clubs so that is my next big item to move over. I'm hoping that one of my friends will be coming to see me next month and can bring the clubs with them. If that doesn't happen then I am going to bite the bullet and pay to have the shipped out. For now I'm using rental clubs from the golf course and they are super nice but I can't always count on getting them if there is someone I don't know working the desk that day. I borrowed my sisters clubs the other day and had the worst round of golf that I can remember every playing. She loves her clubs but they are just not what I'm used to playing. So now I am motivated to get my clubs out here so I can start playing like I did before I met David. I want to get good at golf again. I forgot how much I love it. And honestly, you can't even imagine how beautiful the courses are here. It's a great way to spend a few hours.

I've been trying to meet new people too. I hung out with my roommate and some of his friends this last week and had a great time. I can't even tell you how lucky I feel to have such a great roommate. It's so cool to me that we can hang out and be friends. Last night after work I joined some of the ladies from the office and we all went and had an after work drink. Which turned into two and then three for some of them. Then we all went to Kalani's house and had some dinner and then played Pictionary. It was a great time and again I am feeling very lucky to have met such great people where I work.

Work is also going really well. I am deep into my main project and have managed to get buyoff from everyone who will be affected. Everyone is very excited that I am taking on this project and getting things taken care of and cleaned up. My big project is the get the network files cleaned up and re-organized. It's a task that I am very well suited for and am actually really enjoying it. I have finally talked to everyone in my company who I will be working on projects for and think that I have a pretty good handle on my job responsibilities. It's a great feeling to know that I have enough work to do to keep me employed for the next few years :) It's a lot a work but after not working for so long it's nice to feel like I am needed and they won't be letting me go any time soon.

Anyway life is going great here in Maui. I'm loving the weather and my job. I love being Auntie Tina and meeting new people. It's pretty great. I do miss my family and my friends but it's a great place for me to be right now in my life :)

No comments: