Friday, June 15, 2007

Halfway through June! What?!?!

I can not believe it is the 15th of June. That is just crazy. This year is flying by.

I haven't been updating as much lately because nothing super interesting is going on. Unless you want to hear the daily details of my job. Well I will sum them up. I am loving my job. It is very interesting and I get to do all sorts of different things. I am struggling a little bit with all the Hawaiian words but I think I'm getting them slowly but surely. There are a couple of things that are a little frustrating about my new job but nothing that is making me stress or worry. One of the things that is interesting and somewhat frustrating is that no one can really tell me what my exact job is. I have this awesome job description but there are two people in the office that have taken me under their wing and unfortunately they both have different views on what my job should be. One of them thinks that I should be managing the processes and shouldn't be DOING any of the work. The other thinks that I should be helping with the work AND helping manage processes. It's frustrating because they are both very different. But I have a meeting today with the VP of the department and hope to have it all figured out by the end of the day. I am very fortunate however that two great and dynamic ladies have taken an interest in me and want to help me further my career here.

I tell ya, could I be any luckier?! I'm not sure.

Since the few people I have talked to have asked... No I haven't met the man of my dreams yet! heheh I have been mostly hanging out at work and then with Amy and the kids. Not too many eligible bachelors at either place. But I have been hitting the golf course with some regularity so I hope to meet some interesting people soon. Wouldn't that be crazy cool if someone actually asked me out on a date?!?! I'm not sure I would even know how to handle that! heheh

Anyway I am still feeling like this is the place for me to be. I love it here and I am grateful every day I wake up and see that beautiful ocean.

No comments: